If you’re experiencing a problem with your system and aren’t sure if you need a water heater repair, why not call us for advice?
There is a variety of things that can go wrong with a hot water heater. They work around the clock silently, and we hardly even notice they exist until there’s a problem. Water heaters are generally pretty reliable, but like all machines eventually they deteriorate. A water heater repair by a plumbing professional might be the answer to getting that luxury we take for granted back.
Here are a few things that might go wrong with your water heater:
- You have no hot water at all
- There’s not enough hot water
- Your water heater looks or smells bed
- Rust coloured water
- The water heater is leaking
- The heater is making noises
If you’re not sure what’s going on with your water heater and can’t diagnose a problem, simply call Blue Streak. We’ll either help you diagnose the problem over the phone, or get a plumber to come out and have a look at it. With regular maintenance and occasional help from a hot water repair specialist, your water heater can last you ages. Blue Streak services electric hot water heaters, gas hot water heaters and instantaneous hot water heaters, solar and heat pump heaters in the Melbourne area. Sometimes a water heater installation might be necessary. Choosing a more efficient energy saving option would also save you money in the future.
Before any troubleshooting is done, make sure you take the necessary safety precautions by doing the following:
- Turn off power to an electric water heater. Do this by turning off the circuit breaker or fuse powering the heater.
- Turn the gas pilot control valve to the pilot setting.
- Shut off the water supply to the water heater.
Read more about the top things that can go wrong with your water heater or simply call us for water heater repair today.