A leaking toilet can escalate quickly and cause some serious and expensive problems. If you believe that your toilet is leaking, don’t procrastinate. Make sure you get the problem sorted immediately.
Is there a pool of water where your toilet meets the floor? Does the floor around your toilet feel soft or spongy? Is the flooring coming up? If so, you might have a leaking toilet. It is one of the most common plumbing problems people experience and also one of the most inconvenient.
A leaking toilet could be caused by a bad seal between the toilet horn and the drain line. Or perhaps there’s a problem with the cistern, pipes or bowl. Leaks beneath the toilet can eventually rot surfaces and even the framing underneath it. The longer you wait, the more repair costs might rise. In addition to rotting your floors, leaking toilets can cause up to 25 litres of wasted water per day.
Common causes of toilet leaks are:
- The rubber valve inside the cistern may be deteriorated
- The wax seal around the base of the toilet has come loose
- The cistern flapper, float, lift chain or fill valve could be damaged or worn
- The flush pipe connecting the toilet and cistern together may have a slight leak
- The cistern or toilet bowl has cracked
- The washer or bolts may have become worn
- Your sewage pipes of toilet assembly may have become corroded
Luckily for you, Blue Streak Plumbing has more than 10 years of experience with repairing and replacing toilets. We have everything we need to fix you up quick, regardless of the cause. All of our licensed plumbers has the skill set, experience, knowledge and spare parts to repair any brand or model of a leaking toilet. We’ll get your toilet back to normal again quickly and efficiently, so you can continue with your day.